This role is a 2 year contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
Development Phase (Pre-Construction):
- Coordinate with design firms to assist with product development and design.
- Review sales and marketing materials to ensure accuracy with design documents.
- Coordinate interior and exterior finishing schedules.
- Manage and review optional extras offerings and library.
- Coordinate sales center finishing’s and the supply and display of samples for purchaser selection.
- Manage and review all design documents and ensure design efficiency for cost and construction process.
- Manage and review tender documentation for construction operations.
- Negotiating and securing all contracts relevant to construction
- Consulting with General Counsel regarding all contractual documentation.
- Analyze the past performance of construction projects to predict and improve the execution of future projects.
- Assist in establishing preliminary project schedules in support of providing closing dates for purchase agreements.
- Engage with potential trades, professionals, consultants and suppliers, evaluate market pricing and new technologies.
Implementation and Execution Phase:
- Manage and review all building permit documentation to facilitate issuance of permits.
- Manage and review all required Tarion documentation.
- Manage and review all required Ministry of Labour documentation.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations for all construction operations.
- Liaise with the building departments and Municipal Officials as required.
- Lead, train, develop and evaluate an effective team of people to execute the project. Provide ongoing coordination with and support to such team as required.
- End-to-end project management through completion of construction and warranty period on time and on budget.
- Set and continually manage project expectations and deliverables.
- Provide the necessary reporting for management decision making.
- Oversee professional consultants, contractors, and vendors to ensure that they are complying with project and contract requirements including project costs, schedules and all other requirements for proper execution.
- Conduct project reviews for safety, quality and operational performance (KPI’s)
- Manage and monitor the communication flow between the construction team and stakeholders.
- Lead weekly construction site meetings.
- Prepare, distribute, follow up and update project schedules.
- Manage and update short term schedules.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, risks and issues
- Create overall project budget and provide regular cost reporting.
- Create project cash flow projections.
- Ensuring data collection for the financial institution reporting.
- Hold construction team, and contractors accountable for budget.
- Implementing company’s policy and procedure for procurement.
- Negotiating effectively with trade partners.
- Ensuring the technical and financial validity of offers for services and materials.
- Implementing company policy and procedure for quality control.
- Establishing and implementing the requirements of inspections and 3rd party testing.
- Securing and analyzing all testing reports.
- Ensuring prompt remedial action.
- An engineering degree or technical diploma in Construction, Building, Civils or Architecture.
- Diploma or Certificate in Project Management.
- 10 plus years in a senior construction role would be preferred
- Project Management Professional designation an asset
- Top level expertise in project management, able to handle multiple simultaneous projects with teams.
- Knowledge of construction management software
- Excellent budgeting and scheduling skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Project,
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and resolve complex issues and conflicts (with internal team, clients, and trades)
- Experience managing and supervising staff with the ability to work as a leader, in a team environment
- Exceptional time management and negotiating skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques
Your application was submitted successfully.