Starting wage: $17/hr.
We are currently looking for someone to join our Deer Creek Banquet Facility as night shift Event set up crew member who holds themselves to superior standards regarding customer service, guest experience and providing exceptional quality of service.
- Strong attention to details
- Strong communication skills
- Be reliable and dependable
- Works well in a team environment
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts as the start time varies. Start times vary between 9pm and 1am including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Must provide a recent police check
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tearing down and setting up our event spaces
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming event halls before resetting a room
- Ensure all rooms are set-up according to the floor plans provided before clients and guest arrive on site.
- Reading a BEO to properly set an event
- Ensure the correct colour linens are on in each hall prior to being set with cutlery etc.
- Make any set-up changes the client requests up to the day before the event.
- Responsible for setting up food & beverage plates, utensils, and glassware for our client’s function according to the details indicated on the event order, including buffets.
- Ensure proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers etc.
- On a continuous basis, keep service corridors, pre-function space, and storage areas clean, organized, and unobstructed.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager/Supervisor
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous event set up experience is an asset
- Proven experience setting space in an event setting and demonstrated outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently, manage time, and work well under pressure
- Must be able to bend, climb stairs and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Must be a team orientated individual with good interactive skill, dependable, honest, and reliable.
- Ability to follow and take direction from Supervisors/Managers
Job Type: Part time seasonal - depending on volume of business
Deer Creek Golf Clubs is committed to being an equal opportunity Employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and recruitment and selection process. Should you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.